Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tempus Fudge it


"O what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."


This past Sunday morning, on my way to Miami, I didn't have time to sit down to breakfast so I stopped in at McDonald's for a little grab-it-and-go.

I had just ordered and was waiting off to the side, when I noticed the young man now ordering was wearing the exact same watch that I was.

Now granted, Elgin makes a lovely everyday watch. This particular piece offers a lot of flash for the cash, and I get a lots of compliments on mine when I wear it. Most people just naturally assume it was expensive, but it's really not that bigga deal. I'd venture to say that this particular watch would retail anywhere from $120.00 to $139.00 in most mall stores - tops.

And so it eventuated that the lovely young chick taking this guy's order noticed the time piece and commented on it:


"Oh, what a beautiful watch!"



"Yeah... it costs a lot..."

He responded, very nonchalantly (hey..look it up ..spellcheck says it's ok), almost arrogantly, looking off into the distance:

I couldn't resist, and just had to say:


"uh........... No it didn't..."


He turned his head in my direction very slowly.... as if to question the mortal who dared throw him under a bus,,,

until he saw me holding up my own identical watch.....smirking.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Evolution of gina said...

Darlin, you are speshel. I woulda red the udder posts, but my tenshin span wuddin lemme.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home